Friday, March 13, 2009

Alamos Malbec 2007

My friend Phil told me about this wine – he had tried the 2006 Malbec and loved it. The 2006 apparently received a great review by USA Today – a top Malbec. I have unfortunately not tried to 2006, but I have really enjoyed the 2007. This was the first time I tried a Malbec and I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t dry like a merlot but it had more of a bite than a carbernet. After one bottle it became my “go to” red wine when eating a steak. Smooth and full of flavor with a bit of a bite at the end.

The great thing about a Malbec is that you can get a really good bottle for a great price. I have found this bottle for anywhere from $9-$12. Most of the other Malbec’s I have come across have been in that price range. A great Argentinean wine. Expect more Malbec reviews soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment