Sunday, March 15, 2009

Arrow Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

This is a California wine that I came across in Kroger. It was listed as a $15 wine but somehow it was on sale for $7.99. It had one of those “This won a bronze medal in some unheard of contest” labels next to it so I figured I would snag a bottle. Of course after reading the fine print, the 2007 won the award and all they had was the 2005. Since I’m a guy who likes to party and since 2005 was a good year for me (Much to the surprise of my parents, I graduated from college and much to the regret of single women everywhere I got engaged) I followed through with the purchase.

Jessica and I had this bottle with a filet and baked potato and it was a very solid wine. Crisp and clean (whatever that means) and not too overpowering (unlike the petite syrah I am drinking right about now that I’m fixing to throw away). I’m not entirely convinced that I would fork over the $15 a bottle because, well, it really wasn’t better than the 14 Hands Cabernet that you can buy for $9 a bottle. But I do plan on running back to Kroger and buying several more bottles at $7.99 because this is probably the best under $8 bottle I’ve had. I can tell you this. If this was regularly under $10 a bottle there is not a doubt in my mind that this would be my “everyday wine”.

No comments:

Post a Comment