Friday, March 13, 2009

Jewel Zinfandel 2001

Not really sure how I came across this bottle, but I found it in my cellar. I am fortunate enough to be friends with Todd who tosses random bottles my way from time to time. He has passed along everything from Duckhorn to Little Boomey (If you’ve given up on life, odds are you just had a glass of this). But back to the Jewel – I really haven’t tried too many Zinfandels. Truthfully, when I hear “Zinfandel” I can’t help but think of a beautiful bottle of Beringer White Zinfandel sitting on a rack at 7-11. I really did not know what to think about this wine, but I was incredibly surprised. I am not sure how it relates to other Zinfandels, but it was smooth, light and very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family without hesitation.

With that said, I have no clue how much this bottle costs. I am guessing the fact that it has been laying down for the better part of eight years helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment